Dec 25, 2011

Magical 'Aww'some Feeling

“No! Jovie… Don't knock... Veevee! Nooo…!” screamed the overly-fatigued me as my boy scurried away and dived into the heap of cushions near the sofa for cover, crying loudly.

It's already after noon and I’ve been up since 4 am. Earlier, I was awakened by my boy as he tossed and turned, whining for his pacifier for one moment, and searching for the most comfortable sleeping position for the next, with me taking in his punches and kicks. Being a light sleeper, I decided to give up trying to sleep and am unable to sleep since :(

Now, without him knocking me with his toys, but amidst his crying, I continued dismantling the sub-woofer in my living room for only one reason: to get his pacifier out of it. Yes, he had just shoved his pacifier inside the sub-woofer, again!

This is not the first time he hides things in weird places - places you will never think of. But I am considered lucky this time - a 15-minute search. Previously, it took me a week to finally find it, accidentally, under the stroller’s cushion. God knows how and why he put it there.

Meanwhile, his constant crying is literally boiling my blood! On my threshold of losing it, he did something that melted my heart, lifting me from hell to heaven instantly (this sudden change in emotions doesn’t feel exactly good but it’s badly needed. And he’s very good at it).

You see, after the pacifier is recovered, washed, and ‘administered’ to him (it really pacifies!), he hugged me as I sat down on the floor in front of him. He stood in my arms and looked intently into both of my eyes.

I tell ya, the way he looked at me... that gaze... it was as if he’s saying, I love you Mommy. YOU ARE MY WHOLE WORLD. (Note: He haven't started speaking yet. Not even one word).

My baby boy. Check out his cutesy, puffy insteps :o

At that moment, a gush of magical sensation went through my body. My exhaustion simply melted away and I felt lucky to be with him on this Christmas afternoon.

Later that night, while watching Michael Buble singing Jingle Bells on his Christmas show, Jovie turned and gave me that magical gaze for the second time. It was so precious that I had to write a post on this. You know, some things just comes once or twice in your life.

Thanks for this Christmas present Jovie. His present? His 2 new teeth - the 7th and 8th sprouted out! He got his very first 2 (front) teeth last Christmas. It's deja vu indeed!

Have a Merry 2nd Christmas my dear son. Mommy loves you.