Aug 8, 2013

5 Shoes Every Woman Should Own

Hey ya ladies! I know, we can never have enough shoes, but here's what I think we all should at least have. If you are just starting to work, or if you are thinking of a shoe overhaul, this list should be able to fulfill your basic needs.

* Shoes are created from the ipad apps: DreamApp and ShoesMe.

1. The Everyday Shoe - This shoe should be versatile enough for both formal and casual wear. Think Friday pant-suit combo, jeans and even your little black dress. It is easier to match if it is in a darker and neutral colour like brown and black. Or you can try off-white or taupe (shown above) for a fresher look. I have a black mid-heeled shoe which I can wear with almost anything. For me, this everyday shoe doubles up as my dressy shoe too (see below).

My trusty, comfy, everyday and everywhere heels.
The only heels I have which does not 'bite' me. From Clarks.

2. The Dressy Shoe - Often reserved for the occasional wedding dinner, that year-end party, or that big night out, this is like your Cinderella shoe. Either in silver, gold, bronze, champagne or anything glittery, wear it with your grandest dresses or other party outfits. Don't forget to pair it with a flashy clutch or minaudière!

3. The Booty - A more comfy and cosy alternative to the everyday shoe, this can be worn with just about everything. Especially suitable for freezing-cold offices or for that overseas winter work-trip. Wear socks underneath to keep yourself warm. It'll be good to buy it in a slightly bigger/broader size to make leeway for thicker socks. Height of boots depends on your liking. I used to have a mid-calf brown booty which I wear to work, to overseas trips, and even to parties! It was my best friend :)

4. Sporty Chic - Give your feet a break every now and then by going sporty-chic. Wear sneakers, brogues, loafers or sports shoes, preferably one with a good arch and ankle support (sports shoes are the best for this category). Match them with basics like shorts, pants or jeans topped with smart-casual blouse or polo tee. Also, carry a leather sling bag to smarten up the whole look. By the way, I'll always wear sports shoes for my grocery runs. They give me good support and ample cushion so that I can lug my bulky buys home comfortably without hurting my feet.

5. Comfort Casual - Going to the beach or swimming pool? A picnic in the garden? Bringing your kids to the playground? Or just need to run an errand nearby, in the rain, no less? Needless to say, comfy low-heeled sandals or flats/slippers are your best choice. Do buy them in your favourite colour if you like. Orange? No hay problema! Cobalt blue? Yes, please! White? Bring it on! PS: Be sure that it is non-slip and is not too flat (buy one that has at least a little cushion and arch support) - be safe and sound!

My comfort causal shoe (left) and sporty (but not so) chic shoe (right).
Both are so comfortable! From Fitflop and Mizuno respectively.